The Austin Barefoot Club is once again holding the big race. Located in Austin, Texas, this is the endurance race to compete in. It’ll take place the weekend of November 8th and 9th.
For those unfamiliar with the idea of endurance racing, combine aspects of the following sports in your in head…
- Top Fuel Drag Racing
- Relay Racing (from Track and Field)
- and Barefooting
- NASCAR… because there are a lot of people on the water at once
- Top Fuel Drag Racing… because everyone goes from 0 to full speed damn near instantly
- Relay Racing… because its a team sport, everyone does their part, and the handle is the baton
- Barefooting… because that’s how you’ll go from the start line to the finish line
The tag line on the flyer is “Bring Your Heart and Bare Your Soles!” and I think it is very fitting.
Here are a couple videos I found showing the experience…
now defunct “Barefoot Waterski Racing Cup Series”
This video does a good job of showing the experience
Top Gun – Dam2Dam